Meet Nada Nicola-HoworthHealth Law Lawyer
"While I'm doing everything necessary to protect my client's professional reputations, I'm also doing everything I can to make the process as stress free as possible for them too."
- Partner, Lerners LLP (2009 to present)
- Associate lawyer, Lerners LLP (1999 to 2008)
- Articling student, Lerners LLP (1997-1998)
- Professional Negligence
- Administrative Law
- Nada has extensive experience representing physicians in civil actions and before regulatory and administrative bodies, including, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board, the Consent and Capacity Board, the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal, and Hospital committees and boards. Nada has acted as counsel for physicians at inquests and in both jury and non-jury trials.
- Goodwin v. Olupona (2010, S.C.J.) – Nada acted with senior counsel representing physicians in action arising from the birth of an injured infant. The physicians were successful at trial.
- Virgilio v. Watson (2003, S.C.J.) – Nada acted with senior counsel in successfully defending a physician in this action arising from a death following abdominal surgery.
- Selected by peers for inclusion in Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory for Medical Negligence & Professional Liability (2021-2022)
- Selected by peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in Canada for Health Care Law, Medical Negligence, Professional Malpractice Law
- The Advocates’ Society
- Ontario Bar Association
- Admitted to Ontario Bar (1999)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New Brunswick (1997)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Majors in Marketing and Management), Saint Mary’s University, (1994)