To address the systemic barriers racialized people experience entering legal services professionally, Lerners is proud to present the ‘Learn with Lerners’ Bursary & Mentorship Program.
Diversity in the legal services industry is integral to providing effective legal representation. It is important to our firm’s culture that our lawyers, management and staff represent the vibrant communities we serve. Confidence in the administration of justice depends on a diverse legal profession that equitably serves the interests of all.
This program is offered to recent racialized graduates of publicly funded secondary schools in Ontario who are interested in legal service careers and plan to attend college or university in the 2023-24 academic year.
Continuing the success of previous years’ Program, we will choose two (2) recipients to receive a $5,000.00 CAD bursary and up to twelve months of invaluable mentorship with a Lerners lawyer.
If you have recently graduated high school or will graduate by June 2023, and have been admitted to a first-year program at an Ontario college or university in September 2023, or January 2024, then the ‘Learn with Lerners’ Bursary & Mentorship Program may be for you! Eligible candidates must:
Eligible candidates must:
- be a member of Ontario’s racialized community (i.e. Black, Indigenous or a Person of Colour).
- be 21 years of age or less at the start of the 2023-24 academic year.
- be interested in pursuing a career in the legal services industry (broadly defined).
- have been admitted to a first-year program at an Ontario post-secondary college or university and plan to attend on a full-time basis during the 2023-24 academic year.
- meet all other eligibility criteria set out in the Terms and Conditions
For complete terms and conditions, click here.