Mark advises educational clients of all sizes, from non-profit institutions such as universities and colleges to small private for-profit entities and specialized training organizations, on a variety of corporate, commercial, intellectual property, and technology matters.
Mark has advised educational clients on general intellectual property matters, including registration of trademarks, licensing, assignment, and transfer of copyright and trademark, and related matters. Mark has assisted clients in drafting and negotiating a variety of intellectual property and information technology agreements, structuring commercialization arrangements, and other information technology and intellectual property agreements and relationships.
In addition to information law services, Mark also advises educational clients on general commercial, corporate and financing matters, including governance, financing, corporate structures, regulatory compliance, and general contracts, including service and supply agreements.
- Associate lawyer, Lerners LLP (2019 to present)
- Associate lawyer, Lexpand Legal Professional Corporation (2017-2019)
- Articling student, Lexpand Legal Professional Corporation (2016-2017)
- Student fellow, Codex Center for Legal Informatics, Stanford University, (2015)
- Canadian Technology Law Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Middlesex Law Association
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar (2017)
- Juris Doctor, Osgoode Hall Law School (2016)
- Bachelor of Science, University of British Columbia (2008)