Prior to entering the legal profession, Mark spent 16 years as a software and artificial intelligence developer, and took on roles at a number of technology start-up companies, including as a founder and co-founder. Mark draws on this prior experience to inform his legal practice where he works with established and emerging technology companies on a variety of legal matters, including cybersecurity and privacy matters, information and data management matters, licensing issues, and other intellectual property matters, including trade secrets and confidentiality.
In addition to information law services, Mark advises businesses on general corporate and commercial matters, such as mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring, and financing.
Secure end-to-end encrypted communication is available upon request via Signal, ProtonMail or PGP.
- Partner (2023-Present)
- Associate Lawyer, Lerners LLP (2019-2022)
- Associate Lawyer, Lexpand Legal Professional Corporation (2017-2019)
- Articling Student, Lexpand Legal Professional Corporation (2016-2017)
- Student Fellow, Codex Center for Legal Informatics, Stanford University (2015)
- Clinic Coordinator, IP Osgoode Innovation Clinic (2014-2015)
- Winning Project, IP Osgoode Orphan Works Licensing Portal Hackathon (2016)
- Canadian Technology Law Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Middlesex Law Association
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Ontario Bar (2017)
- Juris Doctor, Osgoode Hall Law School (2016)
- Bachelor of Science, University of British Columbia (2008)
Insights from LERNx