Meet Matthew K. DaleHealth Law Lawyer
"I understand that allegations of professional negligence are particularly troubling for physicians. Exoneration depends on a vigorous defence provided by a capable, experienced and knowledgeable lawyer. The preservation of your professional integrity is my utmost priority."
- Partner, Lerners LLP (2011-present)
- Associate, Lerners LLP (2007-2010)
- Associate lawyer, Siskinds LLP (2005-2007)
- Articling student, Siskinds LLP (2004-2005)
- Summer student, Lerners LLP (2002)
- Matt has experience assisting physicians involved in litigation as well as with the CPSO complaints process. He has participated in trials in the Superior Court of Justice where he has successfully defended physicians against allegations of malpractice. Matt has also represented physicians successfully before the Health Profession Appeal and Review Board.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in Canada (2019)
- Recipient, Jennifer Samways Memorial Scholarship awarded by King’s College (2000-2001)
- Recipient, King’s College Continuing Scholarship (1999-2000)
- Middlesex Law Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Admitted to Ontario Bar (2005)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Ontario (2001-2004)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.), History, King’s College, University of Western Ontario (1997-2001)
- Matt is an elected trustee of the Middlesex Law Association and a volunteer Board member of the Brain Injury Association of London and Region. Matt volunteers annually on the Parkwood Hospital Charity Golf Classic organizing committee. Matt coaches youth soccer in London and has coached minor lacrosse in London in the past.
- Matt is a sports-minded and competitive individual who has played hockey at the junior level and lacrosse at the university level. He enjoys travelling and has spent considerable time exploring Australia and Europe. Matt’s preferred pastime is enjoying the company of his young family.
Insights from LERNx