Hilary Leitch is an associate in our Business Law, and Wills and Estates Groups.
Her wills and estates practice focuses on estate planning and administration, including business succession planning, and family trusts.
Her practice focuses on the preparation of Wills, Powers of Attorney, and the administration of estates. Hilary also assists with the creation of trusts, guardianship applications and related matters.
As part of her practice, Hilary advises estate trustees, beneficiaries, attorneys, and guardians for property and personal care on their respective rights, roles and responsibilities.
Hilary has recently completed the Family Enterprise Advisor Program and become a designated Family Enterprise Advisor. This intensive, year-long program has strengthened her ability to work with family businesses, giving her a deep understanding of the unique dynamics of a family business and the challenges and opportunities of preparing for and undertaking a transition to future generations.
Hilary particularly enjoys working with individuals, business owners and families to plan for transition and succession across generations.
Hilary is actively involved in her community. Currently, she is a Director of Big Brothers Big Sisters of London & Area and in 2021, served as Chair of its annual Big Bash gala.
- Middlesex Law Association
- Committee Member, Ontario Bar Association Law Day (2017-2019)
- Gala Committee Member, Big Brothers Big Sisters of London and Area (2017 to present; Chair 2021
- Director, Big Brothers Big Sisters of London and Area (2018 to present)
- Associate lawyer, Lerners LLP (2018 to present)
- Student-at-Law, Lerners LLP (2017-2018)
- Summer Student, Lerners LLP (2016)
- Judicial Intern, Judge Bernard A. Friedman, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Detroit MI (2015)
- Dean’s Honour List, Queens University (2012-2013)
- University of Detroit Mercy Book Award, Comparative Legal Writing and Research (2014)
- University of Detroit Mercy Book Award, Small Firm Practice LFP (2016)
- University of Detroit Mercy Book Award, Cross Border Sales and Financing Transactions (2016)
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar (2018)
- Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (2017)
- Juris Doctor, University of Windsor (2017)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Queen’s University (2013)
Insights from LERNx