Diversity & Inclusion
Our Commitment to Diversity
Studies have shown that diverse and inclusive workplaces are happier workplaces, promoting higher levels of employee satisfaction, productivity and profitability. Lerners LLP is committed to the diverse community we serve and wants to promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Lerners LLP has a Diversity and Inclusion Committee comprised of the following lawyers and staff members: Lisa Munro (Chair), Ginny Lacasse, Anna Matas, Julie McDonald, Nada Nicola-Howorth, Alfonso Campos Reales, and Stuart Zacharias. The committee’s mandate is as follows:
- Lerners LLP is committed to promoting throughout the firm diversity, equality, and inclusion regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ethnic, racial, religious, cultural, or socio-economic background, age, disability, family status, and other differences, as well as the intersection of multiple differences.
- We believe that adherence to these values fosters a culture of constructive communication, trust, dignity, loyalty, and respect among all members of the firm and enables us to attract, retain, and promote the best talent and better serve our clients.
- We view this as part of our commitment to excellence in all that we do.
Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network
Lerners LLP is a proud member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network. The Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN) is a group of Canadian law firms who have agreed to work together to promote diversity and encourage a culture of inclusion in our firms and the broader legal profession. Diversity and inclusion are core values of LFDIN members. We believe that valuing and enhancing diversity and inclusion will help us attract and retain the best talent and better serve our clients’ needs in an evolving global marketplace. LFDIN members undertake to practice and advance diversity and inclusion by:
- Sharing ideas for the promotion of diversity and inclusion in connection with recruitment, retention and advancement within law firms
- Working with Legal Leaders for Diversity and other general counsel, law departments, business leaders and professional associations in their efforts to advance diversity and inclusion
- Supporting outreach programs in law schools and the broader community
- Promoting thought leadership and constructive dialogue on issues of diversity and inclusion
- Evaluating our efforts