Municipal Law and Planning
Whether representing land owners or local municipalities, Lerners LLP provides expert advice on a wide range of municipal and planning law matters including expropriations, land use changes, the preservation and redevelopment of heritage properties, obtaining planning approvals, and representing our clients before administrative tribunals including the former Ontario Municipal Board and the Local Planning and Appeal Tribunal.
Our firm offers a wide range of municipal law services. Our clients include developers, investors and lenders, as well as lower tier and upper tier municipalities.
We have considerable experience in the following areas:
- Infrastructure projects;
- The purchase and sale of municipal electric utilities;
- Municipal Joint Venture Agreements;
- Municipal by-laws;
- The purchase and sale of municipal property;
- Development, Subdivision and Site Plan Agreements;
- Planning Applications;
- Local Planning and Appeal Tribunal Hearings, Ontario Energy Board Hearings, Hearings with other regulatory bodies, expropriations;
- Municipal legal opinions; and
- Municipal Procurement Policies and Request for Proposal
- Municipal conict of interest legislation
- Municipal freedom of information requests