Meet Trevor FisherPrivacy, Data and Information Security Lawyer
"Your reputation as a business is everything, and your ability to protect and respond to privacy issues is a growing component of that. I will work hard to protect that reputation."
Trevor Fisher is a partner at Lerners LLP, with nearly 10 years of experience in advising clients and addressing their legal challenges, including privacy issues. He has assisted clients with managing privacy breaches, privacy complaints, and adjudication and associated issues involving the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario and other regulatory bodies.
Trevor also practices in the area of health law and insurance defence.
- Partner, Lerners LLP (2017)
- Associate lawyer, Lerners LLP (2011-2016)
- Articling student, Lerners LLP (2010-2011)
- Summer student, Lerners LLP (2009)
- Intern, Ministry of Labour, Legal Services Branch (2009)
- Intern, Ministry of the Attorney General, Office of the Honourable Chris Bentley (2008)
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in Canada (2022)
- Dean’s Honour List, University of Ottawa
- Dean’s Honour Roll, University of Guelph
- Graduated in top 10% of Ottawa Common Law Class of 2010
- University of Guelph entrance scholarship winner
- Lions Club “Harv” Punkari Award
- Law Society of Ontario
- Middlesex Law Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Admitted to Ontario Bar (2011)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Ottawa (2010)
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours, University of Guelph (2007)
- Outside of the office, Trevor enjoys hockey, volleyball, baseball and travelling. He also attempts to enjoy golf.