Meet Joseph J. MastersonInsurance Defence Lawyer
"I specialize in insurance defence litigation. The challenge of preparing and successfully defending cases is thoroughly satisfying, and the clients with whom I work are professional in every sense."
- Partner, Lerners (2001 to present)
- Associate lawyer, Lerners (1992-2001)
- Articling student, Lerners (1990-1991)
- Motor vehicle claims
- Professional negligence claims
- General & Commercial liability
- Policy interpretation
- Joe is a trial lawyer with experience as solo or lead counsel in jury trials, judge-alone trials, as well as mediations and arbitrations. He has a successful track record in individual and multi-party litigation, personal injury disputes and coverage issues. Most of Joe's cases involve defending insured persons in tort bodily injury claims. He has assisted his clients in achieving favourable settlements through the litigation and the alternative dispute resolution process.
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory in the area of professional liability (2019)
- Speaker, Canadian Defence Lawyers Young Lawyer's Breakfast Series, "Your First Jury Trial", January 2019
- Middlesex Law Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- President, The Western Ontario Field Lacrosse Association
- Past-President, LEADS Employment Services London Inc.
- Admitted to Ontario Bar (1992)
- Bachelor of Laws, The University of Western Ontario (1990)
- Bachelor of Arts, Kenyon College, Ohio (1986)
- In his spare time, Joe enjoys reading, cycling, and playing and coaching lacrosse.
Insights from LERNx