Meet Mitchell C. BrownHealth Law Lawyer
"The most valuable thing we can offer clients is sincerity. By being as diligent in listening as we are in speaking, we can better guide you through the difficult problems you face that are always about more than just the law."
Mitch is an associate in our health law, dispute resolution and advocacy, and appellate advocacy groups. With experience in both jury and judge-alone trials, appeals, private arbitrations, and before numerous tribunals, Mitch offers his clients a wealth of strategic insight.
For businesses and shareholders, Mitch helps navigate problems of all sizes - from Board friction and contract disputes to bet-the-company litigation - and always with a lens catered to the client’s strategic goals.
For health professionals, Mitch provides a steady hand to guide them through regulatory proceedings, investigations, and civil lawsuits, vigorously defending their professional work.
For private individuals and organizations, Mitch offers advice and representation across a range of traditional litigation matters as well as alternative dispute resolution processes, helping clients find their best path through conflict.
- Associate Lawyer, Lerners LLP (2021)
- Associate Lawyer, Lenczner Slaght LLP (2019-2021)
- Articling Student, Lenczner Slaght LLP (2018-2019)
- Summer Student, Lenczner Slaght LLP (2017)
- SSHRC Graduate Researcher (McGill University) (2014-2015)
- Infantry Officer, Canadian Armed Forces (Gagetown, NB) (2011-2012)
- MacQuarrie v. Proulx, 2023 ONCA 625: Counsel to a private homeowner successful in defending her title lands against an adverse possession claim by a neighbouring land owner.
- HRDownloads v HRCovered Inc., et al, 2022 ONSC 2302: Counsel to a start-up company successful in defeating a multi-day injunction brought by a large competitor (leave to appeal also dismissed).
- Martin v. Giesbrecht Griffin Funk & Irvine LLP and Lavergne, 2022 ONSC 1684: Counsel to a private farmer successful in bringing a claim against his former lawyer for negligence.
- Libfeld v. Libfeld (2021 ONSC 4670): Counsel to applicants in a family partnership dispute involving a large residential real-estate development group in Toronto.
- Bayer Inc. v Onsight Pharmacy Group Inc., et al: Counsel to defendant pharmacies in a dispute involving specialty ophthalmic pharmaceuticals.
- Confidential Commercial Arbitration: Counsel to respondents in a family partnership dispute concerning multiple high-value residential real-estate holdings in downtown Toronto.
- Confidential Sports Arbitration: Counsel to applicant (athlete) in a carding dispute with their National Sport Organization.
- The Advocates' Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Middlesex Law Association
- PEN Canada
- Guest Lecturer, “Law, Literature, and Narrative Lives”, Golden State University, March 22, 2022
- Guest Lecturer, “Human Rights in Tension”, King’s University College, November 9, 2021
- Guest Speaker, “Virtual Advocacy Tips and Strategy”, Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law, March 17, 2021
- Co-Author “Law Reform: Literature should not be overlooked by lawyers”, The Lawyers Daily, September 6, 2018.
- Author, “Human Rights and Postwar Internationalism in The Third Man”, Around 1945: Literature, Citizenship, Rights, Ed. Allan Hepburn, Queens UP (2016).
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar (2019)
- Juris Doctor, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University (2018)
- Masters of Arts, McGill University (2015)
- Honours Bachelors of Arts, Western University (2011)