Meet Dara M. LambeHealth Law Lawyer
"The practice of health law is both challenging and rewarding. It is a pleasure to work with physicians who are dedicated to their profession and its integrity."
- Partner, Lerners LLP (2009 to present)
- Associate lawyer, Lerners LLP (2004-2008)
- Articling student, Lerners LLP (2003-2004)
- Summer student, Lerners LLP (2002-2003)
- Represents physicians in civil litigation, and before the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, the Consent and Capacity Board, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board
- Particular interest in mental health law
- Cardy v. Trapp  O.J. No. 4547 (S.C.J). This was a medical malpractice case involving allegations of a delayed diagnosis of cancer. The defendants were found to have met the standard of care.
- Giecewicz v. Hastings,  O.J. No. 4969 (CA). This case involved an appeal from the CCB regarding treatment incapacity and incapacity to manage property.
- Prentice (Litigation Guardian of) v. Coovadia,  O.J. No. 2799. This was a medical malpractice case in which the defendant psychiatrist was found to have met the standard of care in assessing the suicidality of a voluntary patient in the mental health unit who committed suicide several days following admission.
- Meuwissen v. Perkin et al.,  O.J. No. 5082 (CA). This case involved the propriety of pre-pleading production requests in a putative medical malpractice action.
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory for Litigation - Commercial Insurance (2021)
- Selected by her peers to be included in Best Lawyers in Canada (2021)
- Dean’s Honour List, The University of Western Ontario (1997-2003)
- Recipient, Law Society of Upper Canada Award (2003)
- Recipient, Dean Ivan C. Rand Award (2003)
- Director, The University of Western Ontario Law Alumni Association (2003 to present)
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Ontario Bar Association
- Women’s Law Association of Ontario
- Defense Research Institute
- Admitted to Ontario Bar (2004)
- Bachelor of Laws, Distinction, The University of Western Ontario (2003)
- Bachelor of Arts, Distinction, Scholar’s Electives Program, The University of Western Ontario (2000)