Mitch is an associate in our Appeals, Health Law, Education Law, and Commercial Litigation groups. His practices focuses on a wide range of dispute resolution and litigation matters spanning private and commercial disputes, professional regulation, administrative law, medical negligence, and workplace and human rights. He has appeared as counsel in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, and the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board.
Mitch’s education law practice focuses on providing advice and representation to clients in the elementary and post-secondary education sector on disputes involving governance and policy issues as well as academic, privacy, and human rights matters.
Mitch prioritizes practicing with empathy, transparency, and clear communication, all of which are essential in helping clients navigate through their complex conflicts.
- “Narrative Lives and Affective Advocacy”, June 2, 2022
- Guest Lecturer, “Law, Literature, and Narrative Lives”, Golden State University, March 22, 2022
- Guest Lecturer, “Human Rights in Tension”, King’s University College, November 9, 2021 and March 2, 2022
- Guest Speaker, “Virtual Advocacy Tips and Strategy”, Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law, March 17, 2021
- Co-Author “Law Reform: Literature should not be overlooked by lawyers”, The Lawyers Daily, September 6, 2018.
- Author, “Human Rights and Postwar Internationalism in The Third Man”, Around 1945: Literature, Citizenship, Rights, Ed. Allan Hepburn, Queens UP (2016)
- Associate Lawyer, Lerners LLP (2021)
- Associate Lawyer, Lenczner Slaght LLP (2019-2021)
- Articling Student, Lenczner Slaght LLP (2018-2019)
- Summer Student, Lenczner Slaght LLP (2017)
- SSHRC Graduate Researcher (McGill University) (2014-2015)
- Infantry Officer, Canadian Armed Forces (Gagetown, NB) (2011-2012)
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar (2019)
- Juris Doctor, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University (2018)
- Masters of Arts, McGill University (2015)
- Honours Bachelors of Arts, Western University (2011)
- The Advocates' Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Middlesex Law Association
- PEN Canada