Meet Matthew McGuckinCommercial Litigation Lawyer
"No two cases in commercial litigation are exactly the same. I enjoy the challenge of navigating my client’s unique legal issues and strive to provide creative solutions that helps them reach their goals."
- Associate Lawyer, Lerners LLP (2021-present)
- Articling Student, Lerners LLP (2020-2021)
Matthew (“Matt”) McGuckin is an Associate in the Commercial Litigation Group at Lerners LLP in its London office. He maintains a diverse litigation and dispute resolution practice focused primarily in the area of construction law.
Matt is able to draw upon his previous experience supervising major road construction projects to assist his clients navigate the multitude of legal challenges they face on their own construction projects. He works diligently to understand his client needs and offer practical advice that helps them resolve their legal problems in as timely and cost-effective a manner as possible. Matt also represents clients in the areas of contractual and business disputes and estate litigation.
Matt completed his JD at Western University. During his time at Western Law, Matt assisted Canada’s national athletes with their sport-related legal issues as Program Manager for the Sport Solution Clinic. He was also actively engaged in the student community as a member of the law school’s competitive hockey team and various intramural sports teams.
- Honorary Judge, Western Law Advocacy Competition (2021)
- Honorary Judge, University of Toronto Faculty of Law Advocacy Competition (2021)
- Honorary Judge, Osgoode Hall Law School Advocacy Competition (2020)
- Dean’s Honour List, Queen’s University (2014)
- Dean’s Honour List, Queen’s University (2013)
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Middlesex Law Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar (2021)
- Juris Doctor, Western University Faculty of Law (2020)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.), Queen’s University (2014)
Outside of work, Matt is an active outdoorsman, avid sports fan and frequent visitor of beaches at local golf courses. Matt’s other interest include fitness, travel, dogs and fiction novels.
Insights from LERNx