Meet Brandon K. DuewelCommercial Litigation Lawyer
"I love my practice because no two cases are ever the same. A construction lawyer and commercial litigator must often familiarize him or herself with the unfamiliar and I pride myself on being a fast learner."
- Associate Lawyer, Lerners LLP (2014-present)
- Articling student, Lerners LLP (2013-2014)
- Summer student, Lerners LLP (2012)
- Teaching Assistant, Legal Research, Writing, & Advocacy, University of Western Ontario (2011-2012)
- Research Assistant, Faculty of Law, University of Western Ontario (2011-2012)
- Business and Contract Disputes
- Construction Law, Contracts, and Tendering
- Construction Lien Disputes
- Construction Deficiencies, Breach of Trust, and Breach of Contract Disputes
- Commercial Tenancies and Real Estate Litigation
- Estates and Guardianship Litigation
- Investment Dealer, Financial Advisor, Negligence and Discipline
- Professional Negligence and Discipline
- Shareholder Disputes
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Creditor Remedies
- Law Society of Upper Canada Prize and Dean’s Honor List (2013)
- J.S.D. Tory Writing Prize (2012)
- Dean of Law Entrance Scholarship (2010)
- The Robert LaVerne Eagleson Gold Medal in History (2010)
- Dean’s Honor List (2006-2010)
- William Wyatt Scholarship in History (2009)
- F.K. Ashbaugh President’s Entrance Scholarship (2006)
- Stark v Lewis, 2019 CanLII 31634 (ON SCSM) – Successfully defended a home seller against allegations of misrepresentation and failure to disclose latent defects.
- Stark v Lewis, 2019 CanLII 31647 (ON SCSM) – Successfully obtained elevated costs on behalf of defendant on the basis of failure to accept offer to settle and unreasonable conduct in the proceeding by the plaintiff.
- Precision Tree Care Ltd. v Peel Condominium Corporation No. 507 et al, 2018 ONSC 6461 (CanLII) – Acted for a property management company in a construction lien matter relating to a condominium development.
- Royal Trust Corporation of Canada v The University of Western Ontario et al., 2016 ONSC 1143 (CanLII) – Acted for an estate trustee in seeking advice and direction from the court regarding the validity of charitable gifts.
- Construction and Infrastructure Law Section, Ontario Bar Association
- London & District Construction Association
- President, Board of Directors, Red Shoe Society
- Middlesex Law Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Osgoode Certificate in Construction Law (2014)
- Admitted to Ontario Bar (2014)
- Juris Doctor, University of Western Ontario (2013)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honors with Distinction), University of Western Ontario (2010)
- In his spare time, Brandon enjoys cooking French food at home and playing blues guitar.
Insights from LERNx