Tort clerk in the area of plaintiff personal injury law
Application Deadline: January 25th, 2019
Lerners’ London office has an opening for full-time tort clerk to assist in the area of plaintiff personal injury law
The main responsibilities of this role as a tort clerk are:
- Work-up of damage and liability claims;
- tracking bring forwards;
- paper and electronic file maintenance in DMS/PrimaFact;
- identifying and requesting documentation necessary for claim from healthcare providers, employers, educational facilities etc.;
- organizing and summarizing documentation;
- service and distribution of productions/medical documents;
- effective communication with clients (and their family members) and treatment providers;
- preparation of the file discovery and satisfaction of undertakings;
- development of future income loss scenarios and future care work-up;
- retaining of damage and liability experts;
- trial preparation.
This is a position with autonomy and requires the prospective candidate to have familiarity with all aspects of plaintiff personal injury work from file intake to resolution. The ideal candidate for this position will have five years of experience working in a legal environment and will be a person who pays great attention to detail, possesses excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, has the ability to multi-task and work independently, in a fast-paced environment.
If you are interested in this position, please respond to email@example.com with your updated resume by January 11, 2019.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org regarding accessibility in our London Office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.