Real Estate Legal Assistant/Law Clerk
Lerners' London office has an opportunity for a full-time Real Estate Legal Assistant/Law Clerk.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- opening & closing files;
- conducting conflict searches;
- inputting files into Conveyancer;
- maintaining an effective bring forward system;
- following up with agents’ offices re waivers, amendments, etc.;
- ordering title searches when deals are firm;
- preparing and sending initial letters to clients;
- ordering payout statements on sale & mortgage files;
- ordering final readings on sale files;
- ordering municipal reports and contacting the tax office for required information;
- following up on matters throughout the real estate process;
- preparing real estate transactions for closing;
- finalizing reports – to clients and financial institutions;
- following up on undertakings and outstanding items on files;
- registration of site plan, development, and subdivision agreements; and
- registration of plans of subdivision and condominium along with municipal and utility transfers and easements.
The ideal candidate for this position will have five years residential, commercial, and new home real estate transaction experience, demonstrate excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a team environment. The candidate is required to have excellent knowledge of Teraview and the requirements of Teraview with respect to title and Conveyancer matters.
If you are interested in this position, please provide an updated resume sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 28, 2021. Please use the subject line “Real Estate Legal Assistant/Law Clerk”.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.