Plaintiff Personal Injury Law Clerk
We have an opening for a full-time Law Clerk to assist in the area of Plaintiff Personal Injury.
The main responsibilities and requirements for this position include:
- maintain Plaintiff Personal Injury files from open to close;
- paper and electronic file maintenance in DMS/PrimaFact;
- maintain an effective BF system;
- draft correspondence;
- request, organize and summarize documentation, e.g. medical records, employment records, school records;
- serve client productions/medical documents;
- retain experts in consultation with lawyer;
- preparation of the file for discovery (ie. affidavit of documents) and satisfy undertakings;
- prepare/process third party accounts;
- prepare for trial and/or LAT hearings, including drafting request to admit, notices etc.;
- communicate regularly via fax/phone/e-mail with clients (and their family members), AB adjusters, and our clients’ treatment providers;
- maintain Statutory Accident Benefit files and special damages lists;
- maintain/update AB status chart (internal chart used for tracking OCF-18s, expenses, etc.);
- submit clients’ expenses to their insurance company and follow-up regarding same;
- prepare and file applications with the License Appeal Tribunal (LAT) when disputes over benefits/treatment arise with the insurance company;
- provide medical brief to Assessment Centre re: Insurer examinations.
Knowledge of PrimaFact is a definite asset for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team and will have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in this position please provide an updated resume by September 25, 2020. Applications are to be submitted to email@example.com using the subject line "Law Clerk, Personal Injury".
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.