Office Services Team Leader
The London office of Lerners LLP has an opening for a full-time Office Services Team Leader position within our Office Services Department.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide effective leadership to the Office Services team (reception, mailroom, copy centre, couriers, and hostess).
- Prioritize, assign and distribute work to office services staff members as required.
- Guide and support the team to have a clear understanding of the results they want to accomplish and what methods they might use to accomplish those results.
- Act as the first point of escalation for answering questions, determining solutions and conflict resolution.
- Coordinate the daily job tasks of the office services staff as required and confers with the Manager of Administration to ensure optimal levels of production.
- Perform or arrange for back-up responsibilities for mailroom/messenger services, photocopy centre, closed files, out of town courier services, vault storage, hostess and facilities manager.
- Conduct department-specific orientation for new hires.
Process, Planning & Facilitation:
- Ensure the Office Services team is consistently following established departmental processes and best practices.
- Perform regular spot checks to ensure team members are consistently following established departmental processes and best practices and that established service standards are being met at all times.
- Make recommendations to the Manager of Administration with respect to office policies and procedures.
- Recommend measures to improve work methods, equipment performance, quality of service and working conditions to the Manager of Administration.
- Make recommendations with respect to hiring, disciplinary actions and performance appraisals of staff members.
- Assist the Manager of Administration in responding to concerns and problematic issues regarding all office service areas.
- Prepare reports and other materials as requested by the Manager of Administration.
- Assist the Manager of Administration with office moves and the organization of purchases and repairs to office furniture, equipment and building facility requirements.
- Regularly meet with the Manager of Administration to discuss the operation and performance of the office services team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary education.
- Prior experience in supervising the office services area of a professional services organization.
- Thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Effective communication and critical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including but not limited to, collaboration, facilitating consistent results, and conflict resolution.
- Valid driver’s license insurable by the firm’s insurer.
- Ability to work in a fast faced, fully flexible team environment.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and able to multi-task and be energetic and flexible. Applicants must also demonstrate an exceptional ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. Candidates will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational / time management skills.
If you are interested in this position, please provide an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 10, 2019.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.