Marketing and Business Development Coordinator
We have an opening for a Marketing and Business Development Coordinator.
The Marketing & Business Development (M&BD) Co-ordinator is responsible for providing support in a wide range of business development and marketing activities. In delivering client-focused services, the successful candidate will work closely with members of the business development and marketing team to provide tactical and administrative support to various practice groups, initiatives, client teams and projects, as well as client events and programming.
This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) with periodic checking by Manager of progress and results throughout work cycle.
Responsibilities of this position:
- Support the CMO and M&BD Manager in Toronto in the implementation of marketing and BD initiatives, including monitoring and tracking the status of practice group business development and marketing activities; follow up to ensure these activities/plans are being executed, and providing regular updates; co-ordinate with other team members as it relates to the completion of M&BD initiatives
- Support the CMO and M&BD Manager in Toronto to monitor and update (including writing, proofreading and editing) marketing collateral related to the practice/industry/initiative group (brochures, website content, practice description, lawyer profiles, newsletters, publications etc.), such as information relating to contacts, rankings, and recent transactions/matters; coordinating photo sessions; work with other members of the business development and marketing team to facilitate revisions
- Update and maintain inventory of marketing collateral - firm biographies, firm/practice group brochures, etc. and promotional items, and coordinate and deliver requests for these materials
- Assist and co-ordinate the preparation of ads and firm profiles for law journals, legal directories and industry publications
- Manage logistical execution of all firm and practice group sponsorships, table sponsorships, conference attendances, and speaking engagements in the GTA (supplying marketing collateral, logos, booth materials, promotional items, lawyer attendance)
- Co-ordinate monthly updates and reports for the EC and Toronto Administration
- Work with CRM to ensure accurate reflection of event information and contact updates
- Manage the logistical execution of client seminars and events: Activities include working with team members on logistics (venue, menus, travel, etc.); draft invitations; test and provide feedback on external communications; managing guests lists and tracking RSVPs, manage client questions; prepare name badges; obtain, assemble and format PowerPoint presentations; on-site support (welcome and provide general information to guests during the event) liaise with IT to ensure the availability of audio-visual and/or other required equipment; provide regular updates to event stakeholders; update guest and attendee list in firm CRM.
- Support the M&BD Manager in the development of client pitches, RFP responses and proposals for firm and practice groups, including coordinating drafts, revisions, lawyer profiles, and production.
- Manage the marketing content and social media calendars, and internal marketing newsletter including drafting posts and content, working with team members on imagery, and setting timelines.
- Support the CMO and M&BD Manager with awards, rankings and directory submissions, including drafting content and following up with lawyers
- Support the CMO and M&BD Manager in firm and practice group projects as required.
- 3-5 years’ of experience providing business development and marketing support in a professional services environment
- Demonstrated internal and external client service focus
- Credible personal presence, including the ability to confidently liaise with partners, associates and senior firm leadership
- Positive disposition and the ability to work well with minimal supervision, individually and as part of a team as required
- Strong project management focus
- Solid computer skills and experience with a variety of software applications and databases including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Website development software
- Professionalism, excellent command of the English language and good communication skills – verbally and written
- Confident, creative and takes initiative, with strong judgment and common sense
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Work well with others in a team based environment
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Able to work overtime as necessary
If you are interested in this position, please respond with an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10, 2020.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process.
Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by phone at 416-867-3076 regarding accessibility in our Toronto Office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination