Lerners, one of Ontario's leading law firms, is dedicated to providing all of our clients — be they individuals, businesses, institutions or corporations — with exceptional legal counsel. For over ninety years, Lerners has provided a full range of legal services throughout Ontario. Lerners LLP maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology, in addition to a competitive compensation package.
We are looking for a Mailroom Clerk to join our Administrative Services Team in our Toronto office. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within a professional environment, be driven and able to work with minimal supervision. The role requires a client-oriented individual who will provide support within our Mailroom. As a Mailroom Clerk, you will need the ability to manage multiple priorities as well as demonstrate excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will also enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Provide our internal/external clients with enhanced customer service that includes responding to issues, concerns, providing information etc.
- Receive, check, log and deliver on all inbound courier packages
- Sort and load mail cart for interoffice mail for prescheduled mail runs
- Sort, process and scan daily Canada Post incoming/outgoing mail including registered mail utilizing the Pitney Bowes System
- Arrange and monitor couriers for outbound/inbound package deliveries for internal/external clients
- Utilize courier to ship mail and courier packages to our London Office daily
- Ensure mailroom is keep organized and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms, envelopes etc.)
- Ensure the on time delivery of service/assignments
- Exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a mailroom/office services role
- High School Diploma; Certificate in related field an asset
- Strong computer skills, primarily in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services firm is an asset
- First Aid/CPR certificate an asset
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional and tactful with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Team-oriented individual who shows initiative and demonstrates flexibility
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as cooperatively within a team
- Capable of light to moderate lifting and bending throughout the day
- Extended periods of time spent on your feet
- Reports to the Mailroom Supervisor
- Works autonomously on day-to-day matters, establishing own priorities but adhering to operating policies and procedures
- Responsible for own work
Interested applicants must submit their resume by e-mail to CareersToronto@lerners.ca by Tuesday, February 19, 2019. Please use the subject line “Mailroom Clerk”. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Lerners LLP is a barrier-free workplace. Additional accommodations are available to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at our Toronto office, please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by phone at 416.867.3076.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.