Litigation Support Specialist
Lerners’ London office has an opportunity for a full-time Litigation Support Specialist.
The Litigation Support Specialist will combine their skills in law, technology and project management to support the firm’s legal teams.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist and train legal teams on best practices in the use of litigation software, including Relativity
- Develop coding standards and recommendations on a case by case basis
- Prepare and export production sets and/or load files
- Load data and transcripts to various tools, in particular Primafact and Relativity
- Work with, instruct and retain vendors for scan/ingestion and coding projects
- Provide support and guidance to the Document Conversion Team
- Assist in responding to Help Desk tickets in support of litigation support tools, workflows and best practices
- Provide support to legal teams engaged in e-hearings and e-trials
- Collaborate with IT, Trainers and other departments to provide the best support to the firm and its clients in relation to litigation support services
- Provide and summarize results of surveys of the legal teams in respect of current legal practice workflows
- Assist Roll-out Manager with the development of workflows on a Practice Group and/or legal team basis
- Roll-out databases to legal teams in accordance with the project schedule as determined by the Roll-out Manger, and provide ongoing support to legal teams
- Assist legal teams on a day-to-day basis as they go through the process of developing/following a paperless workflow
- Develop documented standards pertaining to legal team workflows
- Develop and maintain communications, checklists and similar documents to help the legal teams’ paperless workflow
- Collaborate with IT, Trainers and other departments at the firm to provide the best support to the legal teams during the evolution of the paperless workflows
Qualifications and Experience
- University or College Degree or Diploma in technology, project management or related
- Law Clerk Diploma from an accredited College a definite asset
- Minimum of four years' experience providing litigation support in a law firm or e-discovery vendor environment
- Expertise in all areas of document organization, including paper and native file requirements
- Strong working knowledge of litigation support software tools such as Relativity, Primafact, Ipro, CaseLogistix, and Trial Director
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Capacity to handle high-pressure situations and deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new software, technologies and processes easily
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team or alone
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to train legal teams on various e-Discovery applications
If you are interested in this position, please respond to email@example.com with your updated resume by October 4, 2019.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11,accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process.
Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.