Legal Assistant/Law Clerk – Plaintiff Personal Injury
The London office of Lerners LLP has an opportunity for a full-time Legal Assistant/Law Clerk to assist in the area of Plaintiff Personal Injury.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- General management of files from open to close, including primary contact between team and client;
- Scheduling appointments, conference calls, etc.;
- Electronic file management;
- Drafting correspondence;
- Maintaining an effective BF system;
- Communicating with clients, family members, treatment providers and insurance adjusters;
- Obtaining, unitizing, and coding medical, rehabilitation, and general damages documentation;
- Drafting of various motion materials;
- Drafting Assignment Court memos;
- Managing productions and satisfying undertakings;
- Preparation of Affidavits of Documents;
- Submitting expenses and maintaining an accident benefits tracking list;
- Preparation of briefs for experts.
Knowledge of Primafact is essential for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position, please respond to email@example.com with your updated resume by Friday, December 20, 2019.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process.
Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.