Legal Assistant/Law Clerk in the areas of Plaintiff Personal Injury and Health Law
We have an opportunity for a full-time Legal Assistant/Law Clerk to assist in the areas of Plaintiff Personal Injury and Health Law.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- answering the telephone;
- requesting conflict checks, opening and closing files;
- preparing and paying invoices;
- maintaining an effective BF system;
- arranging meetings or teleconference calls;
- electronic and paper file management in document management system/Caselogistix
- scheduling examinations for discovery and mediations;
- drafting correspondence;
- arranging travel and accommodation;
- entering time dockets;
- preparing and submitting monthly expense reports;
- communicating with clients and the courts by phone and email;
- transcribing dictation and proof reading dictation from the correspondence centre;
- Initial letters to physicians and follow up for narrative and records and other requested information;
- maintaining communication and updates with defendant physicians including scheduling meetings;
Previous Caselogistix experience will be a definite asset in this position.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position, please respond to CareersLondon@Lerner.ca with your updated resume by July 26, 2019.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11,accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination