Legal Assistant – Wills and Estates
We have an opening for a Legal Assistant assisting in the Wills and Estates Group .
The main responsibilities and requirements for this position include:
- Answering phones;
- Opening and closing files;
- Collecting relevant information from clients in order to perform conflict searches;
- Arranging appointments; meet with clients; provide fee quotes; locate documents;
- Accessing Wills database;
- Preparing Retainer, Schedule A for meetings; Prepare notarial copies of documents;
- Transcribing dictation;
- Draft and prepare wills, powers of attorney and letters;
- Maintain an effective BF system;
- Assisting clients with changes to documents and arranging for signing, etc.;
- Prepare estate planning documents for signing;
- Preparing Affidavits of Execution and processing documents to be kept in vault;
- Accounts and reporting letters; Maintaining accounts receivable; Deposit receipts/cheques;
- Prepare seminar materials (articling students – special interest groups); Register for seminars and keep track of CPD hours;
- Minimum 5 years’ related experience in the area of Wills and Estates preferred.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team and will have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills. The role will also involve some clerking tasks.
If you are interested in this position please provide an updated to email@example.com resume by February 21, 2020.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process.
Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.