Legal Assistant/Law Clerk – Plaintiff Personal Injury & Health Law
The London office of Lerners LLP has an opportunity for a full-time Legal Assistant/Law Clerk to assist in the areas of Plaintiff Personal Injury and Health Law.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- General management of files from open to close, including primary contact between team and client;
- Scheduling appointments, conference calls, etc.;
- Electronic file management;
- Drafting correspondence;
- Maintaining an effective BF system;
- Communicating with clients, family members, treatment providers and insurance adjusters;
- Obtaining, unitizing, and coding medical, rehabilitation, and general damages documentation;
- Drafting of various motion materials;
- Drafting Assignment Court memos;
- Managing productions and satisfying undertakings;
- Preparation of Affidavits of Documents;
- Submitting expenses and maintaining an accident benefits tracking list;
- Preparation of briefs for experts;
- Initial letters to physicians and follow up for narrative and records and other requested information;
- Maintaining communication and updates with defendant physicians including scheduling meetings;
- Review and summarize medical records;
- Draft client documents, such as retainer and directions;
- Court work, including filing and service of pleadings/motion records/trial records/PT memo/mediation memo/factums;
- Updating the Health Law Portal and transmitting correspondence through CMPA Portal;
- Entering CMPA fee estimates into Health Law database.
Knowledge of Primafact is an asset for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position, please respond with your updated resume sent to email@example.com by Friday, December 4, 2020. Please use the subject line “Legal Assistant/Law Clerk – PPI & Health Law”.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-672-4131.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.