Legal Assistant, Health Law
We are looking for a Legal Assistant working in Health Law.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Answering the telephone, scheduling conference calls and appointments;
- Requesting conflict checks, opening and closing files;
- Communicating with clients and the courts;
- Compiling, serving and filing motion records and other court documents;
- Maintaining an effective bring forward system;
- Preparing and paying invoices to 3rd parties;
- Scheduling Examinations for Discovery;
- Transcribing dictation;
- Drafting of correspondence and finalization of correspondence and memos;
- Requesting cheques, paying invoices;
- File maintenance and scanning into DMS (document management system);
- Regular reporting to the client;
- Updating the Health Law Portal and transmitting correspondence through CMPA Portal;
- Entering CMPA fee estimates into Health Law database.
Knowledge of Relativity® is an asset for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 2-5 years of experience working in a legal environment and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. Applicants will have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position, please respond with an updated résumé by September 25, 2020. Applications are to be submitted to email@example.com using the subject line “Legal Assistant, Health Law."
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.