Legal Assistant – Health Law and Commercial Litigation
We have an opening for a Legal Assistant to assist in the areas of Health Law and Commercial Litigation.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- answering the telephone;
- drafting correspondence;
- communicating with clients and the courts;
- compiling, serving and filing motion records and other court documents;
- maintaining an effective BF system and following up on same;
- preparing and paying invoices;
- opening and closing files;
- file maintenance in DMS and Caselogistix;
- maintaining time dockets;
- scanning documentation;
- transcribing dictation and proof reading dictation from the correspondence centre;
- updating HLP and transmitting correspondence through CMPA Portal;
- entering CMPA Fee Estimates in HLP.
Knowledge of Caselogistix is a definite asset for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 2-5 years of experience working in a legal environment and must have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a fast-paced team, with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The role requires strong time management, organization skills and attention to detail. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, and will be looking to become fully integrated into Jane’s growing practice.
If you are interested in this position, please provide an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 21, 2020.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process.
Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.