Legal Assistant Floater
Lerners LLP, one of Ontario's leading law firms, is dedicated to providing all of our clients — be they individuals, businesses, institutions or corporations — with exceptional legal counsel. For ninety years, Lerners has provided a full range of legal services throughout Ontario. Lerners LLP maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology, in addition to a competitive compensation package.
We are looking for a Legal Assistant to join our Floater Team. The ideal candidate will have 5 years of previous legal experience, be driven and able to work with little direction.
- Drafting and transcribing legal documents, pleadings and correspondence
- Communicates with others to schedule appointments and coordinates arrangements for meetings/conferences.
- Handles administrative detail with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc.
- Update and maintain Lawyers' calendar
- Process mail
- Update databases when needed
- Minimum 5+ previous years civil litigation assistant experience is required
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work demands and schedules
- Good technology, keyboard and digital dictation skills are required
- Ability to multi task and exercise initiative and good judgment
- Highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competence in proper grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Recognizes problems and abnormalities and may exercise judgement to resolve
- Reports to Admin Services Supervisor
Interested applicants are requested to submit their resume by e-mail to CareersToronto@lerners.ca by September 3, 2019. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Lerners LLP is a barrier-free workplace. Additional accommodations are available to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at our Toronto office, please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by phone at 416.867.3076.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination