Legal Assistant – Business Law
We have an opening for a Legal Assistant in the area of Business Law.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- transcribing dictations
- answering the telephone
- scheduling appointments
- conducting conflict searches and opening and closing files
- organizing retainer and privacy documents
- detailed file organization - paper and electronic filing
- maintaining lawyer’s calendar and an effective BF system
- preparing accounts, reporting letters to clients, depositing cash receipts, paying invoices, collection of accounts receivable
- drafting correspondence to clients and lawyers
- preparing PPSA registrations, annual resolutions and maintaining of minute books;
- knowledge of corporate matters including Ontario incorporations, co-operative incorporations, organization of new corporations, amalgamations, dissolutions, asset purchase/sale transactions and reorganizations would be an asset in this position
- previous experience using Cyberbahn, OREA forms and Fast Company will also be an asset in this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
If you are interested in this position please provide an updated to firstname.lastname@example.org resume by February 21, 2020.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process.
Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.