Legal Assistant in the area of Health Law
Application Deadline: February 1st, 2019
We have an opportunity for a full-time Legal Assistant in the area of Health Law.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Answering the telephone, scheduling conference calls and appointments;
- Requesting conflict checks, opening and closing files;
- Maintaining an effective bring forward system;
- Preparing and paying invoices to 3rd parties;
- Scheduling Examinations for Discovery
- Transcribing dictation;
- Drafting of correspondence and finalization of correspondence and memos;
- Requesting cheques, paying invoices;
- File maintenance and scanning into DMS (document management system)
- Regular reporting to the client;
- Entering CMPA fee estimates into Health Law database;
- 1-2 years of legal assistant experience preferred;
- Experience in the area of Health Law an asset;
Knowledge of Caselogistix and CMPA procedures is a definite asset for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position, please respond with your updated resume to careerslondon.ca by Friday January 25, 2019.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.