Legal Assistant - Health Law and Insurance Defence
We have an opportunity for a Legal Assistant to assist in the areas of Health Law and Insurance Defence.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- answering the telephone;
- requesting conflict checks, opening and closing files;
- preparing and paying invoices;
- handling daily mail;
- updating briefs;
- maintaining an effective BF system and following up on same;
- paying external invoices and prepare third party disbursements;
- arranging meetings or teleconference calls;
- file maintenance and scanning into DMS (Data Management System) and file banks;
- scheduling examinations for discovery, mediations and client appointments;
- arranging travel and accommodation;
- communicating with clients and the courts by phone and email;
- transcribing dictation and proof reading dictation from the Correspondence Support Centre;
- draft initial letters to physicians and follow up for narrative and records and other requested information;
- maintaining communication and updates with defendant physicians including scheduling meetings;
- regular reporting to our client;
- entering CMPA Fee Estimates into HLP;
- request productions from Relativity® to be sent to General Counsel and experts.
Previous experience with Relativity® will be a definite asset in this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 2-5 years of experience working in a legal environment and must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a fast-paced team, with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The role requires strong time management, organization skills and attention detail. You will have excellent communication skills (grammar, oral and written) and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
If you are interested in this position, please respond with your updated resume to email@example.com by February 28, 2020.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process.
Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.