Law Clerk - Plaintiff Personal Injury
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Law Clerk, assisting in the area of Plaintiff Personal Injury and with Health Law files, as required. The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Maintain effective BF and follow-up system, including tracking milestone reporting;
- Communicate with plaintiff and co-defendant counsel to obtain productions;
- Index records in CaseLogistix;
- Review and summarize records;
- Manage productions and medical records in CaseLogistix;
- Draft affidavits of documents;
- Identify and retain experts;
- Draft correspondence to and schedule meetings with experts and prepare materials for their review;
- Review discovery transcripts and follow up for undertakings;
- Satisfy client undertakings;
- Assist with Trial and CPSO Hearing preparation;
- Assist with CMPA Fee Estimates;
- Draft reporting letters to GC/CMPA;
- Arrange independent medical evaluations/assessments; and
- Arrange surveillance.
If you are interested in this position, please provide an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 23, 2019.
Strong working knowledge of PrimaFact will be an asset for this position.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of law clerk experience and the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
The role requires strong time management, organization skills and attention to detail, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11,accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.