Law Clerk, Plaintiff Personal Injury
We have an opening for a full-time Law Clerk in the area of Plaintiff Personal Injury.
The main responsibilities:
- maintain Plaintiff Personal Injury files from open to close;
- paper and electronic file maintenance in DMS/PrimaFact;
- maintain an effective BF system;
- draft correspondence;
- request, organize and summarize documentation, e.g. medical records, employment records, school records;
- serve client productions/medical documents;
- retain experts in consultation with lawyer;
- preparation of the file for discovery (ie. affidavit of documents) and satisfy undertakings;
- prepare/process third party accounts;
- prepare for trial and/or LAT hearings, including drafting request to admit, notices etc.;
- communicate regularly via fax/phone/e-mail with clients (and their family members), AB adjusters, and our clients’ treatment providers;
- maintain Statutory Accident Benefit files and special damages lists;
- maintain/update AB status chart (internal chart used for tracking OCF-18s, expenses, etc.);
- submit clients’ expenses to their insurance company and follow-up regarding same;
- prepare and file applications with the License Appeal Tribunal (LAT) when disputes over benefits/treatment arise with the insurance company;
- provide medical brief to Assessment Centre re: Insurer examinations.
The successful candidate should have:
- 1-5 years related experience working with Plaintiff Personal Injury;
- demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to proactively move files forward
If you are interested in this position please provide an updated resume sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 14, 2021. Please use the subject line “Personal Injury Law Clerk”.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us at 519-672-4131.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.