Law Clerk – Plaintiff Personal Injury
We have an opening for a full-time Law Clerk to assist in the area of Plaintiff Personal Injury.
The main responsibilities and requirements for this position include:
- general management of PPI files from open to close including primary contact between team and client;
- information intake, conflict searches (colds calls/potential new clients);
- preparing initial client documents (retainer, authorizations/directions etc.);
- preparing/processing accounts;
- maintaining an effective BF system;
- scheduling appointments, conference calls etc.;
- arranging transportation/accommodation;
- paper and electronic file maintenance in DMS/PrimaFact;
- drafting correspondence;
- identifying, organizing and summarizing documentation and information required to advance files;
- retaining experts;
- serving client productions/medical documents to Tort and Accident Benefits Adjuster;
- providing medical brief to Assessment Centre re: Insurer examinations;
- exchange of documents (electronically as much as possible) with opposing counsel and experts;
- scheduling examination for discoveries, mediations, pre-trials etc.;
- preparation of Discovery Plans and Affidavits of Documents;
- managing client productions and satisfying undertakings;
- preparing Trial Records and providing instructions to Assignment Court;
- preparing Assessable and Non-assessable disbursement lists;
- preparing for trial including notifying witnesses, preparing Requests to Admit and Notices under the Evidence Act;
- drafting Final Direction and closing documentation;
- preparing Final Accounts.
Knowledge of PrimaFact is a definite asset for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team and will have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills. The role will also involve some clerking tasks.
If you are interested in this position please provide an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2020.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process.
Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.