Experienced Real Estate Law Clerk
We have an opportunity for a full-time Law Clerk to assist primarily in the area of Commercial Real Estate.
The main responsibilities for this role relate to the ongoing preparation and completion of commercial real estate and commercial financing transaction files. Specific tasks in this role will include:
- inputting files into Conveyancer;
- ordering title searches, corporate, and off-title searches;
- communications with clients;
- ordering payout statements on sale & mortgage files;
- independent preparation of draft transaction documents;
- preparation of draft documents for registration;
- following up on matters throughout the transaction process;
- coordinating various matters and registrations as part of closing;
- finalizing reports and related billings and accounting documents;
- following up on undertakings and outstanding items on files;
- general administrative tasks including answering the telephone; scheduling client meetings, drafting correspondence; transcribing dictation; file maintenance, requesting conflicts checks, opening and closing files; and
- maintaining an effective Bring Forward system.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 2-3 years of commercial real estate transaction experience, demonstrate excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a team environment. The candidate is required to have excellent knowledge of Teraview and the requirements of Teraview with respect to title and Conveyancer matters.
If you are interested in this position please provide an updated resume sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 5, 2021. Please use the subject line “Real Estate Law Clerk”.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by phone at 519-672-4131.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.