Law Clerk, Commercial Litigation
We have an opening for a Law Clerk working in the area of Commercial Litigation.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Drafting motions and affidavits;
- Review of client documents and preparation of Affidavit of Documents;
- Reviewing transcripts and requesting undertakings;
- Trial preparation including preparation of Document Briefs;
- Scheduling witnesses, conducting witness interviews, and preparation of witness statements and briefs;
- Conducting corporate searches;
- Preparing Costs Outlines;
- Drafting correspondence;
- Maintaining an effective Bring Forward (BF) system;
- Experience in Primafact and Relativity® will be an asset for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess 10+ years of experience and will demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced environment.
If you are interested in this position please provide an updated resume sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 4, 2020. Please use the subject line “Commercial Litigation Law Clerk”.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by phone at 519-672-4131.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.