Law Clerk - Business Law
We have an opportunity for a full-time Law Clerk to assist in the Business Law area.
The staff member in this position will assist with corporate and commercial real estate work as well as assist some of the Business Law Clerks.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Drafting correspondence and reporting letters;
- Communicating with clients and other professionals by phone and email;
- General administrative duties including: file maintenance, requesting conflicts checks, opening and closing files;
- Maintaining a Bring Forward system;
- All aspects of corporate matters including Ontario incorporations, co-operative incorporations, organization of new corporations, amalgamations, dissolutions, asset purchase/sale transactions and reorganizations;
- Preparing PPSA registrations, annual minute resolutions and maintaining of minute books;
- Preparing accounts and collection of accounts receivable;
- Working knowledge of Cyberbahn, OREA, and Fast Company;
- Inputting files into Conveyancer;
- Primarily commercial real estate deals with some residential deals;
- Ordering title searches, corporate searches and municipal reports when deals are firm;
- Ordering payout statements on sale & mortgage files;
- Preparing real estate transactions for closing;
- Finalizing reports – to clients and financial institutions;
- Following up on undertakings and outstanding items on files;
- Preparation and Registration of site plan, development, and subdivision agreements.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in assisting with document preparation for corporate and commercial transactional work; 3 to 5 years residential and commercial, real estate transaction experience; demonstrate excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills; be able to work independently as well as in a team environment; and be willing to learn new subject matter and skills. The candidate is required to have excellent knowledge of Teraview and the requirements of Teraview with respect to title and Conveyancer matters.
If you are interested in this position, please provide an updated resume to email@example.com by December 13, 2019.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process.
Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.