Junior Accident Benefits Clerk
Lerners’ London Office has an opening for a full time Junior Accident Benefits Clerk working in the area of Plaintiff Personal Injury.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- maintain Statutory Accident Benefit files and special damages lists for each client;
- meet with clients to obtain status updates and complete application forms for accident benefits (i.e. OCF-1, OCF-2, OCF-3);
- request documentation from various care providers;
- prepare LAT Applications;
- file review;
- draft correspondence;
- communicate regularly via fax/phone/e-mail with employers, clients (and their family members), AB adjusters, and our clients’ treatment providers;
- arrange/co-ordinate treatment for clients (ie. physio, OT, psychology, SLP, etc.);
- attend client meetings/team meetings;
- maintain/update AB status chart (internal chart used for tracking OCF-18s, expenses, etc.);
- submit clients’ expenses to their insurance company and follow-up regarding same;
- prepare and file Applications for Case Conferences/Hearings with the License Appeal Tribunal (LAT) when disputes over benefits/treatment arise with the insurance company;
- assist lawyers with settlement discussions and LAT mediations;
- pay incoming invoices related to accident benefits;
- maintain an effective BF system;
Experience in Primafact will be an asset for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position, please respond with your updated resume by May 31, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing email@example.com regarding accessibility in our London Office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.