Intermediate Legal Assistant, Family Law
We have an opportunity for an Intermediate Legal Assistant in our Family Law Group.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- transcribing dictation
- inputting lawyer’s dockets
- answering the phone and handling cold calls
- scheduling appointments
- opening and closing files, conducting conflict searches
- organizing retainer and privacy documents
- detailed file organization, paper and electronic filing
- maintaining lawyer’s calendar and an effective bring forward (BF) system
- preparing accounts, depositing cash receipts, paying invoices
- drafting correspondence to clients and lawyers
- setting up teleconferences, case conferences and settlement conferences
- issuing Orders
- updating Continuing Records and Motion Records
- serving and filing all documents in connection with family court proceedings
Extensive knowledge of DivorceMate is required for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced team environment.
If you are interested in this position, please provide an updated resume sent to email@example.com by April 3, 2021. Please use the subject line “Family Law Legal Assistant”.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-672-4131.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.