Intermediate Legal Assistant for Family Law Group
Application Deadline: November 16th, 2018
We have an opening for a full-time Intermediate Legal Assistant in our Family Law Group.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- transcribing dictation
- input lawyer’s dockets
- answering the phone and handling cold calls
- scheduling appointments
- opening and closing files, conducting conflict searches
- organizing retainer and privacy documents
- detailed file organization, paper and electronic filing
- maintain lawyer’s calendar and an effective bring forward system
- preparation of accounts, deposit of cash receipts, payment of invoices
- drafting correspondence to clients and lawyers
- setting up teleconferences, case conferences and settlement conferences
- issuing Orders
- updating Continuing Records and Motion Records
- serving and filing all documents in connection with family court proceedings
Extensive knowledge of DivorceMate is required for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced team environment.
If you are interested in this position, please provide an updated resume to email@example.com by November 16, 2018.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.