Intermediate Law Clerk for Plaintiff Personal Injury
Application Deadline: November 23rd, 2018
We have an opening for a full-time Intermediate Law Clerk in the area of Plaintiff Personal Injury.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- administrative tasks for Plaintiff Personal Injury files from open to close including primary contact between team and client;
- information intake, conflict searches (colds calls/potential new clients);
- prepare initial client documents (retainer, authorizations/directions etc.);
- prepare/process accounts;
- maintain an effective bring forward system;
- schedule appointments, conference calls etc.;
- arrange transportation/accommodation;
- paper and electronic file maintenance in Data Management System/Caselogistix;
- draft correspondence;
- organize and summarize documentation, e.g. medical records;
- drafting pleadings and motions materials;
- serve client productions/medical documents to Tort Adjuster;
- retain experts;
- arranging for service and filing of court documents;
- request, summarize, brief medicals, productions and undertakings;
- assembling and serving mediation and pretrial memos;
- prepare for trial including notifying witnesses;
- draft Final Direction and closing documentation.
Knowledge of Caselogistix is a definite asset for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced environment, with an emphasis on delivery of excellent service to our clients.
If you are interested in this position, please submit an updated cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 23, 2018.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing email@example.com, or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.