Junior Law Clerk, Plaintiff Personal Injury
Lerners’ Toronto office has an opening for a full-time Junior Law Clerk to assist in the area of Plaintiff Personal Injury.
Responsibilities for this Role:
- General management of PPI files including experience in handling of Accident Benefits from open to close including primary contact between team and client
- Information intake, conflict searches (colds calls/potential new clients)
- Preparing initial client documents (authorizations/directions etc.)
- Maintaining an effective BF system
- Scheduling appointments, conference calls etc.
- Arranging transportation/accommodation
- Paper and electronic file maintenance in DMS/PrimaFact
- Drafting correspondence
- Day-to-day dealings of the file
- Identifying, organizing and summarizing documentation and information required to advance files
- Retaining experts
- Serving client productions/medical documents to Tort and Accident Benefits Adjuster
- Preparing and Providing medical brief to various doctors/experts
- Exchange of documents with opposing counsel and experts
- Preparation of Discovery Plans and Affidavits of Documents
- Managing client productions and satisfying undertakings
- Preparing motion material, mediation material, pre-trial material etc.
- Preparing Assessable and Non-assessable disbursement lists
- Preparing for trial including notifying witnesses, preparing Requests to Admit and Notices under the Evidence Act
- To obtaining witness information and statements
- Drafting Final Direction and closing documentation
A valid driver’s license is a definite asset for this position.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1 to 2 years of progressive experience working in Personal Injury Law
- Law Clerk diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of legal terminology and sources of legal procedures and statutes
- Experience working with Primafact
- Eligibility for membership in the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario
- Works according to standardized procedures, precedents or practices
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced environment, with an emphasis on delivery of excellent service to our clients.
If you are interested in this position please provide an updated resume sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 19, 2021. Please use the subject line “Personal Injury Law Clerk”.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by phone at 416-867-3076.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.