Family Law Clerk
Lerners, one of Ontario's leading law firms, is dedicated to providing all of our clients — be they individuals, businesses, institutions or corporations — with exceptional legal counsel. For over eighty years, Lerners has provided a full range of legal services throughout Ontario. Lerners LLP maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology, in addition to a competitive compensation package.
We are looking for a Law Clerk to join our Family Law team. The ideal candidate will have at least 10+ years of previous experience working within the family law sector, be driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for day to day management of family law files assigned by supervising lawyer
- Draft pleadings, Affidavits, motion material, and materials for case conferences, settlement conferences and trial management conferences
- Draft correspondence to clients, opposing counsel, courts and other parties
- Serve as an intermediary by telephone, correspondence and e-mail communication between clients, courts, opposing counsel and other parties
- Compile complex financial statements, including review and analysis of corporate financial statements and business evaluations
- Maintain a solid bring forward system
- Docket time spent on files
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience within the Family Law practice area
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, with an emphasis on delivery of excellent service to our clients
- Relevant post-secondary education
- Extensive knowledge of DivorceMate and Microsoft Office Suite
- Thorough knowledge of Family Law rules, legal procedures and statutes
- Knowledge of corporations
- Highly organized
- Work toward assigned objectives
- Primarily works independently
- Results of work reviewed with supervising lawyer on completion of assignment
- Is responsible for own work
Interested applicants are requested to submit their resume by e-mail to CareersToronto@lerners.ca by 4 p.m. on September 3, 2019. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Lerners LLP is a barrier-free workplace. Additional accommodations are available to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at our Toronto office, please contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416.867.3076.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.