Data Conversion Team (“DCT”) Members
Lerners LLP, one of Ontario's leading law firms, is dedicated to providing all of our clients — be they individuals, businesses, institutions or corporations — with exceptional legal counsel. For ninety years, Lerners has provided a full range of legal services throughout Ontario. Lerners LLP maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology, in addition to a competitive compensation package.
Lerners LLP is looking for Data Conversion Team (“DCT”) Members for our London and Toronto offices, who will be responsible for converting paper and electronic data into viewable, readable and searchable documents for legal teams, together with basic objective coding.
- Scanning Request Form received into project management database
- Scanning documents
- Unitizing documents
- Coding documents
- Self quality control checks
- Quality Control checks of other team members’ work
- Experience in a similar position is an asset
- Legal knowledge, e.g. Law Clerk training, is an asset, but not required
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills, especially quick and accurate typing, the use of keyboard shortcuts, etc.
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and processes
- A willingness to “pitch in” to cover for other team members when needed; a strong collaborative attitude is encouraged and valued
- Familiarity with electronic documents and software tools is an asset (e.g. OCR, indexing, search-and-replace, the manipulation of text files)
- Knowledge of docketing and docketing systems an asset
- Knowledge of Lerners’ applications is an asset, e.g. Nuance, Ipro Eclipse, Ipro eScan-It, Case Logistix, Primafact
- Projects are assigned to DCT Members by the Workflow Coordinator
- Once a project is assigned, the DCT Member is expected to work with minimal supervision, although regular consultation among DCT Members and with the Workflow Coordinator is encouraged
- While the Workflow Coordinator will monitor all project deadlines, each DCT Member is responsible for meeting his/her deadlines and for providing timely notice if a deadline may not be met.
- Directions involving complex matters will be provided directly by the Manager.
- DCT Members are responsible for ensuring they pick up and complete project tasks and update the PMD on a timely basis.
- DCT Members are expected to communicate with legal teams whenever clarification is required.
- DCT Members must seek instructions for all complex projects.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their resume by e-mail to CareersToronto@lerners.ca, with the reference line “DCT Member” by June 3, 2019. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Lerners LLP is a barrier-free workplace. Additional accommodations are available to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at our Toronto office, please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by phone at 416.867.3076.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.