Content Developer (1-Year Contract)
The Human Resources department of Lerners’ London office currently has an opening for a Content Developer to work with the Learning & Development (L&D) team and assist in the development of the online training content for delivery to end users in the firm, to ensure the efficient and effective use of various types of software programs, in support of our business objectives. This will be a one year, full-time contract position.
Work closely with L&D Manager to:
- Support the implementation of the Learning Management System, establish learning/course standards, maintain, and enhance documentation, firm templates, etc.;
- Create/produce training content based on the firm’s core curricula;
- Devise and design instructional graphics, supporting materials/media (audio, video, and job aids);
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in online learning technologies and instructional design;
- Create exercises and activities that enable and enhance learning transfer;
- Devise assessment methods, such as interactions, surveys, tests, or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course;
- Review, analyze and update existing training documentation; ensure content is accurate and up to date in a timely manner;
- Provide creative solutions-based ideas to assist the Firm’s overall L&D.
- Minimum 1+ year’s solid instructional design experience or other form of multimedia work;
- Strong technical writing skills, as well as writing for course projects, instructional text, and audio and video scripts
- Adept at acquiring proficiency on new platforms and applications;
- Excellent organizational, project and time management skills from project kickoff to close;
- Ability to prioritize and multitask multiple team and individual projects;
- Applied knowledge and experience with LMS;
- Applied knowledge of development tools such as Camtasia, Articulate, Storyline, Rise, etc.;
- Proficient with PowerPoint, PDF Tools, Graphics software.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a related field;
- College diploma or University degree in a computer-related discipline;
- A thorough understanding, proficiency and experience in supporting Microsoft Office Suite/Windows 10 and document production;
- Prior experience in a law firm or other professional services organization would be a definite asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively;
- A demonstrated ability and desire to learn new technologies and skills.
The ideal candidate for this position must be a team player who demonstrates excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced team environment.
If you are interested in this position please provide an updated resume sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2021. Please use the subject line “Content Creator”.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us at 519-672-4131.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.