Conflict/File Opening Clerk
Application Deadline: December 7th, 2018
The London office of Lerners LLP has an opportunity for a full-time Conflict/File Opening Clerk.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Processing conflict searches related to parties involved in new matters to identify potential conflicts of interest;
- Providing conflict search results to the appropriate lawyers and support staff for review and further instructions;
- Communicating with the lawyers and assistants as required to resolve questions related to conflict search results;
- Processing all new business intake requests regarding new clients and new matters received from legal assistants;
- Ensuring all new business intake request forms contain the information required and have been completed properly by the legal assistants;
- Communicating with the lawyers and assistants as required to resolve questions related to new business intake requests;
- Processing client and matter maintenance changes in Elite and Matter Master (i.e. change of address information).
Cold Calls and Online Submissions
- Obtaining all the required information from potential clients to conduct a preliminary conflict search for the parties involved in the new matter;
- Referring the potential new client to a lawyer in the appropriate practice area;
- Providing the conflict search results to the appropriate lawyers and support staff for review and further instructions;
- Processing requests from the lawyers for Privacy Walls to be established for specific client matters;
Minimum Qualifications and Skills;
- Secondary School Diploma;
- Two years office experience, preferably in a legal environment;
- Exceptional attention to detail and accurate work product is imperative;
- Excellent keyboarding skills;
- Ability to multi-task while remaining well organized;
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, a team player;
- Professional and positive attitude;
- Ability to provide quick turnaround of urgent requests, while delivering accurate results.
If you are interested in this position, please respond with your updated resume to email@example.com by December 7, 2018.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org regarding accessibility in our London office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.