Chief Information Officer
Lerners, one of Ontario's leading law firms, is dedicated to providing all of our clients — be they individuals, businesses, institutions or corporations — with exceptional legal counsel. For over ninety years, Lerners has provided a full range of legal services throughout Ontario. Lerners LLP maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology, in addition to a competitive compensation package.
We are looking for a Chief Information Officer to oversee/lead our Information Technology team in both our Toronto and London offices. The ideal candidate will have at least 7+ years of previous experience working in a Senior IT leadership role, be driven and forward thinking. The Chief Information Officer will be responsible for innovation that creates a business value through technology and drives Lerners’ goal of Digital Leadership. The role requires strong project management skills and a client-oriented individual who will ensure that all systems are absolutely, secure and running efficiently in both offices. The Chief Information Officer will work to move Lerners’ vision forward in support of its clients.
- Understands and internalizes the vision of the Firm’s strategic goal of Digital Leadership.
- Ensures a high level of IT governance in line with industry and professional standards.
- Devises the Firm’s IT strategy and ensures that all systems necessary to support its operations and objectives are in place.
- Ties technology to strategic growth of the Firm.
- Develops, oversees, and manages the implementation of all technological strategies for the Firm.
- Protects the Firm and clients through state of the art privacy and security practices.
- Drives vigilance in monitoring cyber security risks and implements world class initiatives and solutions.
- Maintains the digital services which enhance the Firm’s client service and interactions.
- Monitors changes and advancements in technology to discover ways the Firm can gain competitive advantage.
- Identifies, researches and analyses trends in the legal services industry bringing trends to the attention of lawyers, Executive Committee, and senior management including reasoned recommendations for moving forward.
- Has the ability to perform analysis and determine the actions, synergies and essential resources to grow the Firm.
- Develops methods which continually improve results.
- Drives technology to all facets of the Firm.
Operational Leadership and Management
- Oversees the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the Firm to ensure optimal performance.
- Establishes and enforces IT policies, strategies and standards.
- Selects and implements suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits.
- Manages the design and customizes technological systems and platforms to improve the business experience.
- Provides guidance and advice to IT professionals and other business partners within the organization.
- Ensures best practices in all aspects of departmental human resources management.
- Solves problems ensuring stakeholder understanding and buy-in.
- Maintains security and integrity of all data proprietary to the Firm.
- Maintains, manages and tests the IT portion of the Firm’s Disaster Recovery plan.
- Leads the IT group to ensure that Firm team members are provided with top quality, consistently available computer service and effective end user support training.
- Maintains systems at optimal levels.
- Develops department annual budgets and administers funds according to Firm standards and budget approval protocols.
- Consistently monitors and maximizes the value of the Firm’s technology investment.
- Analyzes the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and recommend appropriate actions.
- Plans the implementation of new systems.
- Establishes partnerships with IT vendors and searches out the most cost efficient purchases of hardware and software.
- Acts as liaison between hardware and software suppliers and Firm management.
- Evaluates hardware, software and processes continuously, recommending changes as appropriate.
- Organizes and directs IT-related projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 7 to 10 years in a senior IT leadership role.
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc//MBA.
- Formal Project Management education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking, databases management and management of information systems to aid in the furtherance of firm objectives
- Expertise in project planning and development of process efficiencies.
- Proven track record of people development and building relationships across departments.
- Keen sense of the data security requirements needed to enable secure access from multiple portable platforms and management of a WAN conducive to work group collaboration.
- Prior experience managing desktop and software migrations required.
- Law Firm experience an asset.
Regular travel between Toronto and London offices is required
Interested applicants must submit their resume by e-mail to CareersToronto@lerners.ca by Thursday, December 5, 2019. Please use the subject line “Chief Information Officer”. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Lerners LLP is a barrier-free workplace. Additional accommodations are available to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at our Toronto office, please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by phone at 416.867.3076.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.