The Human Resources department of Lerners’ London office currently has an opening for an Applications Trainer. The Applications Trainer will assist in the delivery of training to end users in the firm, to ensure the efficient and effective use of various types of software programs, in support of our business objectives.
- Assist with delivery of new hire orientation training;
- Assist with follow-up support at staff desks following software rollouts; provide remedial training as needed;
- Collaborate with Training Team to identify company training needs;
- Respond to helpdesk tickets assigned to Training;
- Prepare training materials such as cheat sheets, manuals, presentations, and video recordings;
- Assist in the development of the Training pages on the Intranet;
- Develop, analyze and update training documentation;
- Provide input to and identify training requirements originating from new projects and departmental initiatives;
- Provide a variety of learning opportunities to the London staff including: lunch and learns, one-on-one training sessions and group training sessions;
- Maintain proficiency in use of firm's standard desktop applications;
- Responsible for self-development through professional organization memberships, seminars/workshops or exposure to articles, and other information through industry press.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related field;
- College diploma or University degree in a computer-related discipline;
- A thorough understanding, proficiency and experience in supporting Microsoft Office Suite/ Windows 10 and document production;
- Prior experience in a law firm or other professional services organization would be a definite asset;
- Knowledge of legal applications and services;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with lawyers and staff in an effective, non-technical and professional manner;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively;
- Excellent customer service orientation;
- A demonstrated ability and desire to learn new technologies and skills.
- Sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
The ideal candidate for this position must be a team player who demonstrates excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced team environment.
If you are interested in this position, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated résumé by July 29, 2019.
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.