Lerners, one of Ontario's leading law firms, is dedicated to providing all of our clients — be they individuals, businesses, institutions or corporations — with exceptional legal counsel. For over ninety years, Lerners has provided a full range of legal services throughout Ontario. Lerners LLP maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology, in addition to a competitive compensation package.
We are looking for an Accounting Clerk to join our Accounting/Billing team. The ideal candidate will have at least 3+ years of previous experience working in accounts payable/receivable and billings, be driven and able to work with minimal supervision. The role requires a client-oriented individual with the ability to meet all client deadlines in a timely and accurate fashion. Assist clients with general inquiries on matters and 3E accounting software. As an Accounting Clerk, you will need the ability to manage multiple priorities as well as demonstrate excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will also enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Process invoices/proformas in accordance with firm policies and client billing guidelines
- Review and approve directions
- Assist staff and lawyers with general inquiries on matters and 3E accounting software
- Process trust cheques and deposits
- Co-ordinate annual update of special rates for the Toronto office and ongoing updates for new timekeepers or files
- Set up and submission of e-billings
- Backup for cash receipts, banking, general cheques, credit card payments, vendor code set ups and petty cash
- Provide assistance/back-up support as required to others within the Billing Department
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors
- Investigate and resolve customer queries
- Other special projects as required
- Must have working knowledge of the billings process and general accounting procedures
- 3-5 years’ previous billings clerk experience, preferably within a law firm
- Proficient knowledge of Elite 3E would be an asset
- Experience in Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong mathematical and problem solving skills are necessary
- Strong ability to ensure all firm policies and control procedures are met
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Must have initiative and ability to work within a team setting as well as independently
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work overtime if requested
- Reports to the Manager, Financial Analysis
- Works autonomously on day-to-day matters, establishing own priorities but adhering to firm operating policies and procedures
- Responsible for own work
Interested applicants must submit their resume by e-mail to CareersToronto@lerners.ca by Friday November 15, 2019. Please use the subject line “Accounting Clerk”. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Lerners LLP is a barrier-free workplace. Additional accommodations are available to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at our Toronto office, please contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416.867.3076.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.