Meet Chris ShoreyAppeals Lawyer
"Legal problems are often complex and the legal system can be a minefield. If you or your business needs to bring or is defending a lawsuit, retain a lawyer you trust to help you through it."
- Associate Lawyer, Lerners LLP (2016 - Present)
- Articling Student, Lerners LLP (2015-2016)
- Caseworker, Downtown Legal Services, Criminal Division (2013-2015)
- The Advocates Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Admitted to Ontario Bar (2016)
- Juris Doctor, University of Toronto, Faculty of Law (2012-2015)
- Bachelor of Arts, Criminal Justice, Ryerson University (2008-2011)
- Diploma, Police Foundations, Seneca College (2007-2008)
Christopher Shorey is an associate lawyer whose practice includes commercial litigation, plaintiff-side personal injury litigation, insolvency and restructuring, and appellate advocacy. He has experience before the Small Claims Court, Ontario Court of Justice (criminal), Superior Court of Justice, and the Court of Appeal for Ontario.
- 6524443 v. Toronto (City), 2017 ONCA 486 – Acted for the City of Toronto on the successful enforcement of an arbitration clause limiting appeal rights.
- Saeed v. Gunarajah, 2018 ONSC 4590 – Acted for the vendors of a residential property on a successful motion for summary judgment striking all of the claims made against them.
- Stasko v. The University of Toronto, 2017 ONSC 2026 – Acted for the University of Toronto on a successful motion for summary judgment striking the claims made against the University by a former student.
- R. v. Vice Media Canada Inc., 2017 ONCA 231 - Acted for the intervener, the Canadian Civil Liberties Association, in this appeal which considered a sealing order and a production order related to a journalist’s communications with an alleged terrorist.