Application Deadline: July 27th, 2018
The London office of Lerners currently has an opening for a Systems Technician. The Systems Technician will be responsible for the maintenance and support of all applications used throughout the firm. This includes ensuring that all applications are current with latest upgrades and patches, and that they are configured optimally for one environment. Sharing knowledge and providing input with the rest of the team in both offices is essential.
- Troubleshoot software problems;
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails from the helpdesk regarding application support for end-users;
- Assist in all project phases, including the evaluation, installation, configuration and deployment of new applications and upgrades;
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and personal computer vendors.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a software support position;
- A thorough understanding of, proficiency and experience in supporting the Microsoft Office Suite and document production;
- Document management system experience, preferably with iManage;
- Prior experience in a law firm or other professional services organization would be a definite asset;
- Proficiency with Windows 10 desktop and Microsoft Office Professional 2016;
- Knowledge of legal applications and services, Case Logistix, Primafact, Amicus Attorney;
- Experience performing small and large software implementation projects;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with lawyers and staff in an effective, non-technical manner;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and attention to details;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Good customer service orientation.
- On-call, after hours availability for emergency situations;
- Sitting and standing for extended periods of time;
- Travel may be required from time to time to the Toronto office and for training or conferences.
The ideal candidate for this position must be a team player who demonstrates excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced team environment.
If you are interested in this position, please respond with your updated résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 27, 2018.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing email@example.com, or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London office.